Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Jesus I Thought Nothing Was Free"

You know the cliché’ if it is too good to be true, then it must be.”  She was referring to the free gift of salvation, the unconditional forgiveness of sins, and the limitless supply of love offered from God, through Jesus Christ, but I told her that there is no catch. God offers peace that passes all understanding and is bigger than any circumstance.  He promises to always stick close to me even when everyone else abandons me.  He said that he would heal my broken heart, and make beauty out of the ashes. He proposes great things in exchange for horrible things and to renew things that are broken.  It might sound too good to be true, but it isn’t.  All he asks in exchange is my heart.  He wants my love and my attention.  He wants a surrendered life.  If you are searching for meaning…for real life…and for freedom, you will find it in a relationship with Christ.  Only he can take your messes and turn them into a masterpiece

No comments: