Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Thing God

If you could ask God for only one thing, what would it be?  Would you ask Him for something that costs money?  Would you ask him to take care of some problem that you have?  Well, King David made one request of God, and you might  be surprised to hear what He asked for.  In Psalms 27:4, David wrote:  ”One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:  that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.”  David could have asked for money, but he didn’t.  He could have asked God to wipe out his enemies or help him be a better king, but that wasn’t his focus.  David was obsessed with God.  He was consumed by the creator of the universe and his one request was just to spend time with Him.  ”God if I only get one thing, let me hang out with You.  Let me see you as you are in all of your radiance.”  David asked for the right thing and he discovered that God was faithful to answer his request.  You would be wise to ask for the same thing.

No comments: