Thursday, March 17, 2011

"God Picks Us First"

Have you ever been picked last?  Everyone else was picked for the team in the playground and then they came to you.  It makes you feel like the lone looser.  Nobody wants you so the last team to choose gets stuck with you.  Or maybe you were the one that was always chosen first, but now your life seems to have slid into a place where you feel as if you are being picked last or worse yet, picked on.  In the whole game of life, you feel as if you are the looser still standing on the sideline watching the game instead of playing.  No matter how you feel your life is going, you need to know that you have been chosen for the winning team.  And, you weren’t an afterthought.  Before the foundations of the world, God was thinking about you.  He was dreaming about the day that you would be born.  He was picturing the day that you would realize He was waiting to have a relationship with you.  If you haven’t already, isn’t it time that you walk over to his side?  If you have already responded to Him, and you still feel like you something is amiss in your life, maybe you need to begin to stand next to the coach more often and listen to his strategies, encouragement, and affirmation.  God is waiting for you.  You are part of a dynasty.  Don’t keep your coach waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome post! Brought tears to my eyes and down my cheeks...

I've been walking with the Lord for 34 years and I love Him with all my heart...but I battle with an underlying feeling of "alone-ness".
I know God is always with me, but at times I get overwhelmed with how alone in this world I feel - aside from my husband and 2 girls.

The rejection and repression that I experienced runs very deep. I hate it and know that God is in control...but I also know that He understands, even better than I do, what sin has done in my life as well as all His childrens' life.

Anyway, good to be reminded that in spite of how we may feel "God picked us first".

Thank you for your encouragement and I hope more people will be either encouraged or inspired by your words that point people to the one - the only One - who will truly accept them.

God Bless You~
Shay