Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There Is Such A thing!

Most people would be the first to say that we should never intend on living our lives for others but instead for ourselves. Many would agree that life is a personal journey, where when everything is said and done you are the one who at the end of the day who made the difference in the success of how you lived it. However especially in these past few weeks I find myself not believing this to it's full potential. In fact I find that the success of my day lies in who I meet, where I go and even at times how many other lives I was able to better in that present day! I saw someone today. Someone that in my heart and mind I know I am supposed to make a difference in. Someone that I know will make a difference in me. My biggest question is; Is it wrong to pursue the difference when that difference is the motivation for being me. If my professor were to ask me to describe myself I would tell them that at the beginning of everyday I am an empty box. I have plenty of space and nothing to put it in. However when at my best can hold more information and be more useful than most would ever imagine. I see no problem in this analogy other than the fact that an empty box has nothing more to offer than to wait for others to fill it up with the goods they wish to protect for later. Unfortunately a box cannot fill itself meaning it is always waiting for another to poor into it. That's how I feel though, Like I'm a great individual but I only have motivation when I can be of use to another.

No comments: