Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Traverse"

Because this man thought he knew the city, he was confused at the route that the taxi driver had chosen.  He began to suggest that the driver use alternative routes, but each idea was answered with solid reasoning.  The passenger, who was in a hurry to catch a plane kept making suggestions, until the driver finally said, “I will get you to the airport and I will get you there in time.  You know the city some because you have visited here often, but I have lived here my whole life and make a living traversing the streets.  You can trust me.”  
Not because He believed him, but because he knew that his input would not be heeded, the man in the back seat sat back and remained silent.  Glancing down at his watch as they pulled up to the airport, he realized that he had arrived earlier than he had anticipated when he had left his hotel.  “Thank you, I guess you did know best.”  The driver responded by saying, “I told you that I could be trusted.  We made it, and we made it on time.”

No comments: